Friday, August 20, 2010

Gadfly published in Los Angeles Magazine!

Just a month short of my 55th birthday I have sold my first nonfiction article to a major magazine. Los Angeles magazine has done a feature about autism in their latest issue. In a short article on page 139 of the magazine I attempt to take to task the neurodiversity movement and try to explain as tactfully as I can why I believe they are wrong about not needing a cure for autism. It shows a photo of me in my bedroom with my dresser drawers slightly ajar in typical lack of executive functioning autistic fashion.

The other day they wrote me saying that they were interested in putting additional photos of me on their web page as well as a bit more information about me and asked me a couple of questions which I answered. So, I don't think the article or anything more about me is on the web yet, but I will either edit or put an addendum to this post when that happens. In the meantime I hope that friends and foes alike will go to their local newsstand and if available buy a copy of the magazine and check out the magazine and the article. To avoid confusion, in case the August issue is still on some stands, it is in the September 2010 issue of Los Angeles Magazine.

6 comments:

Oliver M Canby said...

Congratulations Jonathan! Too bad they never called me back. Maybe next year.

Socrates said...

That's pretty cool:)

Alicia D said...

Excellent!!! a big congrats! cant wait to read it :)

jonathan said...

Yeah, too bad, Oliver, I told them about your blog though when they inquired about teenagers in Los Angeles with blogs. But you are young and you might get publicity before you are 21 or even 31. I had to wait nearly 5 and a half decades for this.

Kent A. said...

I've turned down interviews with ABC, CBC and USA Today. I know this is something you wanted so congrats. If I ever get asked again, I'll remember to recommend you.

Unknown said...

Excellent Jonathan. Well done.